Here's the improved list:
- Human (as listed in the SRD or PHB)
- Half-orc (as listed in the SRD or PHB)
Orc- I'm scratching them. Orcs as a race are extinct. Rather, they've been hybridized so thoroughly with humans that pure-blooded orcs simply don't exist anymore. Half-orcs are still out there, of course, but they're half-orcs now. Full-blooded orcs are no longer a racial choice.
- Goblins - as in the SRD using goblins as a race. However, they seem a little under-powered to me. Go ahead and give an extra feat, as if they were human (but not the extra skill points.)
- Hobgoblins - as in the SRD. However, although they have a net bonus on ability scores (and therefore the designers gave them an LA+1) the hobgoblins really don't have much else going on, and I don't believe that the LA+1 is warranted. Treat them as LA+0, but don't worry about changing anything else.
- Shifter - I love shifters. I think they have a great fantasy feel to them. I'm totally OK with them as written.
Changelings- I dunno. I'm a little on the fence with these. I like the concept, but they're almost more of a monster than a PC type race. At the moment, I'm leaning towards leaving them out. Warforged- Nevermind. These guys seem to also be more of an NPC/monster type, unless you're specifically in Eberron.
- Kalashtar - a clearly core race to the setting.
- Elan - a core race to the setting; not quite as rare as implied by the Expanded Psionics Handbook.
- Lizardfolk (or Lizardmen) - not really meant as a PC race; more of an NPC "villain" race. Including the big, bad, blackscales. Will borrow a lot of culture and stuff from the Lizardmen armies book of Warhammer fame.
- Rogue (from the PHB or SRD)
- Fighter (from the PHB or SRD)
- Barbarian (from the PHB or SRD)
- Psion (from EPH or SRD)
- Psychic Warrior (from EPH or SRD)
- Wilder (from EPH or SRD)
- Soulknife (from EPH or SRD)--although I think that this class is a little underpowered. It's clearly meant to be a "psionic monk" type class, except without a lot of the monk's "imperviousness." I could do something complicated to rebalance, or I could just give it the fighter instead of cleric BAB. Voila! Easy solution wins.
- Ardent (from Complete Psionic)
- Divine Mind (from Complete Psionic)
- Lurk (from Complete Psionic)
- What the heck? The psychic rogue which was a special WotC online class is useable too. It seems to step all over the niche of the Lurk, but whatever.