Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Books on deck

Just as a curiousity, here's the books I have on deck to read once I'm done with Abercrombie's Best Served Cold. Probably in this order.

Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

The Many-coloured Land and The Golden Torc by Julian May

Thief of Llarn by Gardner F. Fox

Swords of Haven by Simon R. Green

The Ginger Star by Leigh Brackett


Badelaire said...

I've got older paperback editions of the Stark books - I've read one, but it was I believe a prequel book to the main Skaith trilogy.

And I need to find the Llarn books at some point. As much as I love the Kothar series and the one Kyrick book I've got, I want to try some of Fox's other fiction.

Joshua said...

Actually, that's not the cover to the version I own either. I just like it better.

It is the first part of the trilogy... I own all three of them. I've read them before, just not since I bought them at a used bookstore a year or so ago, so I put them back on the list. They should be a quick and easy read.

The Thief of Llarn is the sequel to The Warrior of Llarn, which I reviewed here a few months ago. As far as Barsoom rip-offs go, it's not bad.